Become a Friend
The greatest way to show support for the Regal, apart from coming to see the shows and having some fun, is to become a FRIEND OF THE REGAL. The Regal values highly the support and encouragement it receives from the Friends and in return offers them many concessions and benefits. The annual subscription entitles you to receive regular newsletters about activities, discounts on most tickets when booking in advance (usually 50p) and the satisfaction of knowing that you are supporting the local community theatre! (Please note that membership of the Friends of the Regal is separate from Film Society Membership)
To become a friend, call at the box office and pick up an application form. Alternatively, you can donate via localgiving.com – donations always gratefully received!
If you would like to get more involved in the everyday running of the theatre, please contact us, as new volunteers are always welcome!
The Regal Theatre is a hugely successful community project. Over 200 volunteers contribute to maintaining the building and to opening the theatre for events, and refreshments in the bar, on over 120 nights a year.
Whatever your interest and skills, if you have time and energy you would like to contribute, we would welcome you enthusiastically. There are hosts of areas which need volunteers to keep them going.
- Performing: Please see our list of Member Companies for contact details
- Back Stage: Stage management, make-up, costumes, props – contact the companies and offer your help; you will be snapped up!
- Sets: Join a regular team which designs, builds, paints
- Front of House: Programmes and tickets on the night of performances
- Publicity: Hand delivering brochures, stuffing envelopes, sending information to the media, gather advertising/sponsorship for our brochure, keeping the editorial up to date on our website
- Box Office: Volunteering morning or afternoon sessions to work in the box office
- Technical: Working to set up sound and lights for performances and managing the desk during performances – training given
- Bar: Serving refreshments behind the bar on performance days
- Performance Days: Help visiting professional companies with their get-ins, give them information; help carry in/set up
The Regal Theatre, The Avenue, Minehead, Somerset, TA24 5UQ
Phone the theatre Box Office 01643 706430 (Monday to Saturday 10am to 3pm)
Or email us.